Founded in 1922, Murray State University is a 4-year, state-supported public university in Murray, Kentucky. Its School of Nursing is approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing to offer undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Its baccalaureate and DNP programs are ACEN-accredited, while its MSN and DNP programs are accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program - For students seeking entry level nursing practice, this four-year BSN program is designed for them. This program requires three and five semesters of prerequisite and nursing courses, respectively. Students will also have clinical experiences in various settings throughout the region. To be admitted, requirements include a GPA of 3.0 or above.
RN to BSN program - Another option to obtain a BSN degree is through the RN to BSN Program. However, this 30-credit program is specifically designed for registered nurses and can be completed in one calendar year. Since this is offered 100% online, it allows flexibility for working RNs.
MSN to DNP Program - This MSN to DNP - Accredited Doctor of Nursing Practice Program is designed for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) who would like to earn a terminal degree. It is offered 100% online and can be completed in two years, or 20 months, with a year-round class schedule. Admission requirements include a Nursing Master’s Degree from an accredited program with a GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
BSN to DNP Program - This program requires three years of full-time study; and is offered 100% online for the first year. Students can choose between two specializations—Nurse Anesthetist and Family Nurse Practitioner. The former specialization is offered in Madisonville and Lexington, while the latter is in the main campus in Murray.
The nursing school at Murray State University is a public institution located in Murray, Kentucky. Its nursing programs are accredited by ACEN, ACME, CCNE and COA.
Degree types you can earn at Murray State University include Family Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nursing, and the school provides its offerings to students via campus, hybrid and online formats. The level of nursing programs offered to nursing students include Bachelor Degree, BSN to DNP, Master Degree, MSN to DNP and RN to BSN level degrees.
For nursing students in Kentucky, the state average NCLEX-RN passing rate for ADN programs is 85.82% and for BSN programs is 89.07%. The average national NCLEX-RN passing rate for ADN programs is N/A% and for BSN programs is N/A%.
Out of 41 nursing schools in Kentucky, the nursing program at Murray State University ranks #7 in the state, and out of more than 1,700 nursing programs nationally, it ranks #123. It's 3-year average NCLEX-RN passing rate is 95.00%, giving the Murray State University an overall grade of A.
Nursing Program Stats at a Glance for Murray State University
- Grade: A
- NCLEX-RN Passing Rate Average: 95.00%
- Kentucky State Rank: 7
- National Rank: 123
Best Online Nursing Programs for Kentucky Students
In-state nursing schools are preferable to out-of-state programs as your tuition and logistics for attending school will be considerably less than if you attended school out-of-state. Online nursing schools are also an option.
Compare Kentucky Nursing School Rankings
|Compare Kentucky Nursing Schools||ADN||BSN|
|Number of Nursing Programs||"26"||"26"|
|Average NCLEX Passing Rate||85.82%||89.07%|
|NCLEX Passing Rate Range||66.70% to 98.00%||31.67% to 100.00%|
|Best Ranked School Details||ADN Rankings for Kentucky||BSN Rankings for Kentucky|
- 218 Wells Hall, Murray, KY - 42071-3318
- (270) 809-3011
- NCLEX Passing Rate: (A) 95.00%
- Programs: Family Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nursing
- Award Levels: Bachelor, BSN to DNP, MSN, MSN to DNP
- Total Faculty: 460
- In-State Undergraduate Tuition: $9,252
- Book and Supplies: $1,260
- Percent Received Aid: 99%
- Average Grant or Scholarship: $9,282
- Percent Admitted: 77%
- Percent Admitted who Enrolled: 20%
- Graduation Rate: 53%
Cities in Kentucky Offering Accredited Nursing Programs
If you are not finding the right nursing program in Murray or want to compare nursing schools from other cities in Kentucky? Compare average NCLEX scores, in-state and out-of-state tuition costs as well as schools with strong alumni networks. The following is a list of cities in with accredited nursing programs in Kentucky: Ashland, Barbourville, Campbellsville, Crestview Hills, Elizabethtown, Frankfort, Grayson, Hazard, Highland Heights, Hopkinsville, Lexington, Louisville, Madisonville, Maysville, Midway, Morehead, Murray, Owensboro, Paducah, Pikeville, Prestonsburg and Somerset
Additional Nursing Programs in Kentucky
- Alice Lloyd College
- American National University
- Ashland Cmty. & Technical College-Ashland
- Beckfield College-Florence
- Bellarmine University
- Berea College
- Big Sandy Cmty. & Technical College-Prestonsburg
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College-Lexington
- Campbellsville University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
- Galen College of Nursing-Louisville
- Gateway Community & Technical College-Edgewood
- Hazard Cmty. & Technical College-Hazard
- Henderson Cmty. College-Henderson
- Hopkinsville Community College - Hopkinsville
- Hussian College-Daymar College Bowling Green
- Jefferson Cmty. & Technical College-Louisville
- Kentucky Christian University
- Kentucky State University-Frankfort
- Lindsey Wilson College
- Madisonville Community College
- Maysville Community & Technical College
- Midway College-Midway
- Morehead State University
- Murray State University
- Northern Kentucky University
- Owensboro Community & Technical College
- Somerset Community College
- Southcentral Kentucky Community & Technical College - Bowling Green
- Southeast KY Cmty. & Technical College-Cumberland
- Spalding University
- Sullivan University
- Thomas More University
- Union College
- University of Kentucky
- University of Louisville-Louisville
- University of Pikeville-Pikeville
- University of the Cumberlands
- West Kentucky Community & Technical College-Paducah
- Western Kentucky University-Bowling Green
Learn About In-Demand Nursing Professions
Kentucky Nursing School Rankings
Best Nursing Schools in the US
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
After graduating with a degree in English Literature from UCLA, Jeff published four editions of the World Wide Web Yellow Pages by Barnes and Noble, and several editions of the Best of the Web. He’s worked as an executive at both startup and mature companies including CareerPath.com and Microsoft. With nearly three decades of publishing and business development expertise, he now puts that experience to use operating RNCareers.org to help future nursing students get reliable information on registered nursing careers.
Sources: The State Board of Nursing from Each State, U.S. Department of Education: College Scorecard, U.S. Department of Education – OPE, National Center for Education Statistics, Bureau of Labor Statistics