Morehead State University (MSU) is an educational institution in Morehead, Kentucky. It was initially called Morehead Normal School when it was founded in 1887. Currently, MSU has a 15:1 student to faculty ratio with an average class size of 18. Its Department of Nursing has produced graduates with a 100% job placement rate for the past ten years.
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing - This ACEN-accredited program allows individuals to earn an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AASN) in as fast as two years. The curriculum is focused on learning by doing through simulations and clinical practicums. Admission requirements include an Enhanced ACT score with a composite score of 20 or better, a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale, and a grade of “C” in the AASN prerequisite courses. Program graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
Pre-Licensure BSN - For first-time college students who would like to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, this pre-licensure program is designed for them. The curriculum is a blend of math, science, and nursing courses for well-roundedness taught through learning by doing. A state-of-the-art simulation lab with a computerized mannequin is available for students to practice illness diagnosis and treatment. Program admission is selective, with limited students accepted annually. Graduates can take the NCLEX-RN.
Post- Licensure BSN - This BSN post-licensure program is designed for working nurses. The nursing courses are delivered online through an eight-week modular format through a blend of individualized and interactive learning. To be admitted, applicants must possess an unexpired and unrestricted RN license.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)- Family Nurse Practitioner Program (FNPP) - The MSN-FNPP is designed for baccalaureate-holder RNs who would want to advance their nursing career, education, and practice. This 49-credit hour program is offered purely online to cater to working individuals' busy schedules. Moreover, those who already possess a master’s degree may enroll in the 48-credit hour post-MSN program. Completion of the said program leads to FNP certification exam eligibility.
The nursing school at Morehead State University is a public institution located in Morehead, Kentucky. Its nursing programs are accredited by ACEN and CCNE.
Degree types you can earn at Morehead State University include Family Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nursing, and the school provides its offerings to students via campus and online formats. The level of nursing programs offered to nursing students include Associate Degree, Bachelor Degree, Master Degree and RN to BSN level degrees.
For nursing students in Kentucky, the state average NCLEX-RN passing rate for ADN programs is 85.82% and for BSN programs is 89.07%. The average national NCLEX-RN passing rate for ADN programs is N/A% and for BSN programs is N/A%.
Out of 41 nursing schools in Kentucky, the nursing program at Morehead State University ranks #5 in the state, and out of more than 1,700 nursing programs nationally, it ranks #107. It's 3-year average NCLEX-RN passing rate is 95.33%, giving the Morehead State University an overall grade of A.
Nursing Program Stats at a Glance for Morehead State University
- Grade: A
- NCLEX-RN Passing Rate Average: 95.33%
- Kentucky State Rank: 5
- National Rank: 107
Best Online Nursing Programs for Kentucky Students
In-state nursing schools are preferable to out-of-state programs as your tuition and logistics for attending school will be considerably less than if you attended school out-of-state. Online nursing schools are also an option.
Compare Kentucky Nursing School Rankings
|Compare Kentucky Nursing Schools||ADN||BSN|
|Number of Nursing Programs||"26"||"26"|
|Average NCLEX Passing Rate||85.82%||89.07%|
|NCLEX Passing Rate Range||66.70% to 98.00%||31.67% to 100.00%|
|Best Ranked School Details||ADN Rankings for Kentucky||BSN Rankings for Kentucky|
- University Blvd, Morehead, KY - 40351
- (606) 783-2000
- NCLEX Passing Rate: (A) 95.33%
- Programs: Family Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nursing
- Award Levels: Associate, Bachelor, MSN
- Total Faculty: 314
- In-State Undergraduate Tuition: $9,462
- Book and Supplies: $1,008
- Percent Received Aid: 99%
- Average Grant or Scholarship: $7,473
- Percent Admitted: 77%
- Percent Admitted who Enrolled: 18%
- Graduation Rate: 43%
Cities in Kentucky Offering Accredited Nursing Programs
If you are not finding the right nursing program in Morehead or want to compare nursing schools from other cities in Kentucky? Compare average NCLEX scores, in-state and out-of-state tuition costs as well as schools with strong alumni networks. The following is a list of cities in with accredited nursing programs in Kentucky: Ashland, Barbourville, Campbellsville, Crestview Hills, Elizabethtown, Frankfort, Grayson, Hazard, Highland Heights, Hopkinsville, Lexington, Louisville, Madisonville, Maysville, Midway, Morehead, Murray, Owensboro, Paducah, Pikeville, Prestonsburg and Somerset
Additional Nursing Programs in Kentucky
- Alice Lloyd College
- American National University
- Ashland Cmty. & Technical College-Ashland
- Beckfield College-Florence
- Bellarmine University
- Berea College
- Big Sandy Cmty. & Technical College-Prestonsburg
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College-Lexington
- Campbellsville University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
- Galen College of Nursing-Louisville
- Gateway Community & Technical College-Edgewood
- Hazard Cmty. & Technical College-Hazard
- Henderson Cmty. College-Henderson
- Hopkinsville Community College - Hopkinsville
- Hussian College-Daymar College Bowling Green
- Jefferson Cmty. & Technical College-Louisville
- Kentucky Christian University
- Kentucky State University-Frankfort
- Lindsey Wilson College
- Madisonville Community College
- Maysville Community & Technical College
- Midway College-Midway
- Morehead State University
- Murray State University
- Northern Kentucky University
- Owensboro Community & Technical College
- Somerset Community College
- Southcentral Kentucky Community & Technical College - Bowling Green
- Southeast KY Cmty. & Technical College-Cumberland
- Spalding University
- Sullivan University
- Thomas More University
- Union College
- University of Kentucky
- University of Louisville-Louisville
- University of Pikeville-Pikeville
- University of the Cumberlands
- West Kentucky Community & Technical College-Paducah
- Western Kentucky University-Bowling Green
Learn About In-Demand Nursing Professions
Kentucky Nursing School Rankings
Best Nursing Schools in the US
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
After graduating with a degree in English Literature from UCLA, Jeff published four editions of the World Wide Web Yellow Pages by Barnes and Noble, and several editions of the Best of the Web. He’s worked as an executive at both startup and mature companies including CareerPath.com and Microsoft. With nearly three decades of publishing and business development expertise, he now puts that experience to use operating RNCareers.org to help future nursing students get reliable information on registered nursing careers.
Sources: The State Board of Nursing from Each State, U.S. Department of Education: College Scorecard, U.S. Department of Education – OPE, National Center for Education Statistics, Bureau of Labor Statistics