RN to BSN Programs in Vermont
As a registered nurse in Vermont, advancing your career and education is crucial. RN to BSN programs in Vermont are tailored to fit your busy schedule, often being both quick to complete and affordable. This flexibility allows you to balance work, life, and further education without undue stress. The Bureau of Labor Statistics highlights the nursing field as one of the fastest-growing in Vermont, underscoring the importance of staying ahead in this competitive sector.
By obtaining a BSN degree, you elevate your professional standing. Employers in Vermont increasingly prefer nurses with a BSN due to their comprehensive training and potential for contributing to improved patient outcomes. This preference is not without merit; BSN-prepared nurses often earn higher salaries compared to their ADN-prepared counterparts. In Vermont, the average salary for RNs is an impressive $75,160 per year. Additionally, a BSN opens doors to a plethora of opportunities, including roles in management, education, and specialized nursing fields. Presently, Vermont employs 7,210 registered nurses, with a projected need for 7,610 new nurses by 2030. This growing demand highlights the urgency for current RNs to consider upgrading their qualifications through an RN to BSN program, securing both their career progression and a response to the state’s healthcare needs.
What Are the Best RN to BSN Programs in Vermont According to an RN Researcher?
#1 in Vermont
- 85 S Prospect St, Burlington, VT - 05405-0160
- (802) 656-3131
- Programs: Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, CNL, Family Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nursing
- Award Levels: Accelerated MSN, APRN Certificate, Bachelor, BSN to DNP, MSN, MSN to DNP, Post Master's NP Certificate, RN to BSN
- Total Faculty: 887
- In-State Undergraduate Tuition: $19,002
- Book and Supplies: $1,200
- Percent Received Aid: 96%
- Average Grant or Scholarship: $17,278
- Percent Admitted: 71%
- Percent Admitted who Enrolled: 19%
- Graduation Rate: 76%
Highlights for RN to BSN Students
- Online Flexibility: The RN to BSN program offers online courses specifically designed for working RNs, enabling them to balance their studies with professional and personal responsibilities.
- Credit for Experience: Nurses receive credit for prior nursing education and licensure, acknowledging their existing expertise and accelerating their path to the BSN.
- Transfer Ease: The program accepts the transfer of non-nursing courses from other institutions, providing flexibility in credit accumulation.
- Personalized Guidance: Each student benefits from individualized academic advising, ensuring a tailored educational journey.
- Financial Accessibility: With a university tuition payment plan available, financial barriers are minimized, making the pursuit of further education more attainable.
- Accredited Excellence: The program's accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education signifies its adherence to high educational standards.
- Campus Integration: Although primarily online, the program includes a five-day intensive course on campus, offering a valuable blend of virtual and hands-on learning experiences.
About the University of Vermont's Nursing School
Expanding your career opportunities in nursing often starts with enhancing your education. At the University of Vermont, the RN to BSN program is a gateway to not only greater salary potential but also a broader spectrum of career possibilities. Founded in 1791, the University of Vermont stands as the oldest in Vermont and one of the most venerable in New England. This legacy of excellence extends to its College of Nursing & Health Sciences.
Here, 91% of undergraduates receive scholarships or financial aid, and an impressive 94% of graduates find employment or continue their education within six months of graduation. The college's philosophy is rooted in a belief that the best health care professionals combine deep expertise with a broad understanding across disciplines. This multidisciplinary approach prepares students to see the world through various lenses, a crucial skill in modern health care.
UVM's College of Nursing & Health Sciences offers a rich array of programs in diverse health fields, fostering an environment where students can learn to reach across divides for the benefit of patients. The university's commitment to producing culturally competent health professionals is evident in its rigorous training and diverse clinical opportunities.
Facilities like The Eleanor M. Luse Center for Communication and Appletree Bay Primary Care exemplify UVM's dedication to providing comprehensive, patient-centered care. These resources not only enhance learning but also prepare students for real-world challenges in health care.
About the University of Vermont's RN to BSN Program
At the University of Vermont's RN to BSN program, you'll find a curriculum tailored to the needs of working nurses. Featuring predominantly online courses, the program respects your time and existing commitments. The credit for past education and licensure is a testament to the value placed on your professional experience. Importantly, the flexibility to transfer non-nursing courses from other colleges makes this program adaptable to your unique educational background.
The curriculum includes a notable five-day intensive summer course at the University's Clinical Simulation Lab. This immersive experience bridges the gap between online learning and hands-on practice, enriching your educational journey.
Admission requirements are straightforward, focusing on current RN licensure and a satisfactory GPA. The program's administration through a partnership between the Department of Nursing and UVM Continuing and Distance Education reflects a collaborative approach to nursing education.
#2 in Vermont
- 158 Harmon Drive, Northfield, VT - 05663-1035
- (802) 485-2000
- Programs: Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Adult Psychiatric - Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nursing
- Award Levels: Bachelor, MSN, Post Master's NP Certificate, RN to BSN
- Total Faculty: 165
- In-State Undergraduate Tuition: $1,500
- Book and Supplies: N/A
- Percent Received Aid: 100%
- Average Grant or Scholarship: $34,308
- Percent Admitted: 74%
- Percent Admitted who Enrolled: 22%
- Graduation Rate: N/A
Highlights for RN to BSN Students
- Flexibility for Working Nurses: Courses are fully online, letting you balance work and study seamlessly.
- Recognized Experience: Get credit for your prior nursing education and experience, fast-tracking your advancement.
- Transfer Credits: Easily transfer non-nursing courses from other colleges.
- Innovative Learning Tools: Utilize iPad technology in classes for interactive and efficient learning.
- Top-Notch Clinical Resources: Gain experience through clinical affiliations with leading medical centers.
- Accreditation: Rest assured with a program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Seamless Progression: After your BSN, fast-track to Norwich’s Master of Science in Nursing program.
About Norwich University's Nursing School
Norwich University, the oldest private and senior military college in the United States, offers a dynamic RN to BSN program through its School of Nursing. The school is dedicated to meeting the urgent demand for visionary and innovative nurses. It's accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education, ensuring a high standard of academic excellence.
The School of Nursing at Norwich stands out for its commitment to educational excellence and global-minded leadership. It provides a setting that fosters both achievement and growth thanks to its outstanding faculty and state-of-the-art facilities, which include brand-new simulation laboratories.
Collaborations with renowned academic medical centers like Dartmouth-Hitchcock and the University of Vermont Medical Center provide students with exceptional clinical resources and real-world learning environments. The use of iPad technology in nursing classes offers students a unique advantage in accessing information and submitting assignments.
Hence, Norwich University’s School of Nursing integrates technological advancement with experiential learning, preparing you to become a globally minded nurse leader.
About Norwich University's RN to BSN Program
As a nurse, you understand the importance of staying ahead in the ever-evolving healthcare industry. Norwich University’s online RN to BS in Nursing degree program is designed precisely to meet this need. The program is structured for working nurses like you, offering 100% online classes and multiple start dates per year. This flexibility allows you to advance your education without putting your career on hold.
You're not just working towards a degree; you're enhancing your nursing skills, leadership abilities, and preparing for a potential master’s degree. Norwich University acknowledges your previous achievements by allowing the transfer of up to 90 semester credits and completing your degree in less than two years. The program offers a range of relevant electives, such as Strategic Communications and Business and Professional Writing. This broad approach is designed to equip you with diverse skills applicable in various healthcare settings.
Admission requirements are straightforward, which includes an unencumbered RN license and a minimum GPA. International students are also welcome, adding to the program's diverse learning environment.
The RN to BS in Nursing program at Norwich University is a pathway not just to advance your career but to redefine it. With its integrated curricula, flexible online format, and commitment to excellence, Norwich prepares you for a future as a versatile and impactful nurse leader.
#3 in Vermont
- 62 Alumni Dr, Castleton, VT - 05735
- (802) 468-5611
- Programs: Nurse Educator, Nursing Leadership, Registered Nursing
- Award Levels: Associate, Bachelor, BSN to DNP, RN to BSN
- Total Faculty: 79
- In-State Undergraduate Tuition: $13,078
- Book and Supplies: $1,000
- Percent Received Aid: 97%
- Average Grant or Scholarship: $10,826
- Percent Admitted: 88%
- Percent Admitted who Enrolled: 17%
- Graduation Rate: 57%
Highlights for RN to BSN Students
- Online Flexibility: Enjoy the convenience of asynchronous online courses, fitting your studies into your unique schedule.
- Comprehensive Clinical Experience: Engage in 600 hours of clinical experience, more than any other program in Vermont.
- Expert Professors: Benefit from direct access to doctorally trained nurses and leading nurse educators.
- Cutting-Edge Simulation Centers: Hone your skills with hands-on learning in state-of-the-art simulation centers.
- Strong Clinical Affiliates: Partner with top medical centers for invaluable real-world experience.
- Financial Support: Leverage scholarships and tuition assistance from clinical affiliates.
- Campus Access: Utilize Castleton’s modern facilities at both the Castleton and Bennington campuses.
About Castleton University's Nursing School
The nursing school at Castleton University takes great satisfaction in its relationship-based approach, making sure that you are treated as a valuable member of the community. Your education is individualized and significant when you have instructors who are interested in your journey and who know you by name.
The program's main component is clinical practice, which consists of 600 hours of practical training in prestigious hospitals throughout the area. More practical experience is provided here than in any other Vermont nursing program, preparing you for success in a variety of healthcare settings.
Additionally, the school's dedication to fusing contemporary technology with conventional instruction is demonstrated by the usage of iPads in nursing classrooms. This creative method guarantees that you're ready for the technologically advanced world of contemporary healthcare.
About Castleton University's RN to BSN Program
The Vermont State University RN to BSN curriculum significantly advances your nursing career. This program aims to redefine your professional identity as much as to provide you a degree. Every student is given individual consideration, taking into account the distinct background each of you brings to the program. Your hard-earned RN licensure is recognized by receiving at least 34 credits toward your BS degree. This tailored approach facilitates a smoother transition by attending to your unique educational demands.
With classes covering human anatomy, physiology, and microbiology, the program is demanding but adaptable and guarantees a thorough understanding of the nursing sector. In order to receive a well-rounded education, you will also fulfill the general education requirements. High standards in the program mirror its dedication to quality healthcare. The Nursing Department upholds strict standards for behavior, performance, and health, guaranteeing that you are not only a capable but also a conscientious and moral healthcare provider.
This program offers more than simply a degree because it has been approved by the Vermont Board of Nursing and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. It is a guarantee of excellence in nursing education as well as a symbol of quality.
See our Ranking Methodology
10 Top Reasons You’ll Benefit from an RN to BSN in Vermont
Pursuing an RN to BSN in Vermont? You’re making a smart move! Here’s why it’s a game-changer for your nursing career:
- Boost Your Paycheck: You’ll likely see a bump in your salary with a BSN. It’s simple: more education often means more money.
- Unlock New Doors: A BSN doesn’t just deepen your knowledge; it opens up exciting job options. Think specializations, leadership roles, and even academic gigs.
- Level Up Your Skills: These programs don’t just teach you; they transform you. You’ll gain a richer understanding of patient care, critical thinking, and the latest in healthcare practices.
- Step into Leadership: With a BSN, you’re not just a nurse; you’re a potential leader. Your enhanced skills make you a standout candidate for top roles in healthcare.
- Elevate Patient Care: Here’s a fact: hospitals with more BSN nurses report better patient results. That means lower risks and happier, healthier patients.
- Secure Your Future: In today’s world, a BSN is your ticket to job security. More and more healthcare settings are hunting for nurses with this level of education.
- Never Stop Growing: Grabbing a BSN isn’t just about the now; it’s about your future. Stay ahead of the curve in this fast-evolving field.
- Build Your Network: During your BSN journey, you’ll rub shoulders with fellow nurses and pros, paving the way for future career leaps.
- A Stepping Stone to More: Dreaming of an MSN or DNP? Your BSN is the first critical step on this exciting path.
- Feel the Pride: There’s nothing like the satisfaction of achieving a BSN. It’s a testament to your dedication to your career and to providing top-notch care.
So, there you have it. Vermont’s RN to BSN programs offer more than just a degree; they’re a ticket to a brighter, more exciting nursing career. Ready to take the leap?
Best Ranked RN to BSN Programs in Your State
Elevate your nursing career with our curated list of the best RN to BSN programs in each state. Transitioning from a Registered Nurse (RN) to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) opens doors to broader career prospects and deeper clinical knowledge. Our guide spotlights premier programs close to you, paving a well-marked path towards achieving your enhanced nursing ambitions.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
After graduating with a degree in English Literature from UCLA, Jeff published four editions of the World Wide Web Yellow Pages by Barnes and Noble, and several editions of the Best of the Web. He’s worked as an executive at both startup and mature companies including CareerPath.com and Microsoft. With nearly three decades of publishing and business development expertise, he now puts that experience to use operating RNCareers.org to help future nursing students get reliable information on registered nursing careers.