RN to BSN Programs in Alaska
If you’re a dedicated RN in Alaska, exploring RN to BSN programs is a step towards a promising future in nursing. With the nursing field booming in Alaska, where the average RN earns $97,230 annually, enhancing your education through these programs is a smart move. They are designed for swift and cost-effective completion, fitting perfectly for those eager to advance without pausing their careers. Moreover, Alaska’s demand for nurses is escalating, with a projection of 6,500 new RN positions by 2030. By upgrading to a BSN, you not only meet this growing demand but also place yourself in a position to seize higher salary prospects and varied job opportunities.
In Alaska’s evolving healthcare landscape, hospitals and healthcare employers are increasingly valuing nurses with BSN degrees, especially those aspiring for Magnet status. This preference stems from the comprehensive skill set and in-depth knowledge BSN-educated nurses bring. Currently, Alaska employs 6,060 RNs, but with the ongoing expansion in healthcare services, the opportunities for BSN nurses are broadening. Roles in leadership, specialized care, and research are becoming more accessible, making a BSN degree not just an educational achievement but a gateway to diverse and rewarding career paths.
What Are the Best RN to BSN Programs in 2023 According to an RN Researcher?
#1 in Alaska
- 3211 Providence Drive, Anchorage, AK - 99508
- (907) 786-1800
- Programs: Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nursing
- Award Levels: Bachelor, MSN, MSN to DNP, Post Master's NP Certificate, RN to BSN
- Total Faculty: 547
- In-State Undergraduate Tuition: $8,622
- Book and Supplies: $1,320
- Percent Received Aid: 83%
- Average Grant or Scholarship: $6,504
- Percent Admitted: 77%
- Percent Admitted who Enrolled: 45%
- Graduation Rate: 30%
Highlights for RN to BSN Students
- Online Learning: The asynchronous courses will easily fit into your hectic schedule as a working nurse.
- Improved Professional Development: Acquire more certificates to progress in your work and open opportunities to more specialized nursing specialties.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: Enroll in a program that covers all the essential components of contemporary nursing.
- Professional Advice: Take advantage of the assistance of experienced teachers who are dedicated to your nursing career success.
- Access to Cutting-Edge Resources: Make the most of cutting-edge tools and resources to improve your educational experience.
- Impact on the Community: Take part in initiatives that actually improve regional healthcare facilities.
- Route to Further Education: Take advantage of your BSN as a springboard to work toward advanced nursing degrees.
About the University of Alaska Anchorage's Nursing School
At the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA), located in Alaska's largest city, you'll discover a nursing school that stands out for its unique blend of culture, innovation, and adventure. The school's connections to industry and Arctic research opportunities significantly enhance your educational experience.
UAA's School of Nursing commits to advancing health and well-being through top-tier nursing education, research, and healthcare. The school instills core values like excellence, respect, integrity, and caring in its students, shaping the next generation of healthcare professionals.
The school's curriculum skillfully balances theoretical knowledge with practical application, preparing you for diverse healthcare environments. The undergraduate nursing program arms you with the skills to excel as a generalist in the field, through advanced simulation technology and clinical experiences.
Moreover, UAA adopts an inclusive approach to nursing education. The AAS in Nursing and BS in Nursing programs, while centered in Anchorage, are accessible in several communities across the state. This reflects UAA's commitment to providing accessible and relevant healthcare education.
About the University of Alaska Anchorage's RN to BSN Program
UAA's RN to BSN program offers a direct pathway for RN nurses with an associate degree, acknowledging the importance of practical nursing experience. The program balances online education with in-person clinical experiences, catering to the needs of working nurses.
This accredited and comprehensive program requires a total of 120 credit hours, ensuring a deep and enriching learning experience. A key feature is the RN licensure credit system, which awards up to 42 course credits to students with a current, unencumbered Alaska RN license upon admission, fast-tracking their journey to a BSN.
The admission process is carefully designed to select the most dedicated and qualified candidates. Starting in Spring 2024, the integration of NursingCAS will streamline applications, enhancing efficiency and standardization.
The RN to BSN program at UAA exemplifies the school's commitment to evolving nursing education. It equips nurses with the necessary skills and knowledge for professional growth, preparing them for the dynamic demands of the healthcare sector.
See our Ranking Methodology
Best Ranked RN to BSN Programs in Your State
Elevate your nursing career with our curated list of the best RN to BSN programs in each state. Transitioning from a Registered Nurse (RN) to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) opens doors to broader career prospects and deeper clinical knowledge. Our guide spotlights premier programs close to you, paving a well-marked path towards achieving your enhanced nursing ambitions.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
After graduating with a degree in English Literature from UCLA, Jeff published four editions of the World Wide Web Yellow Pages by Barnes and Noble, and several editions of the Best of the Web. He’s worked as an executive at both startup and mature companies including CareerPath.com and Microsoft. With nearly three decades of publishing and business development expertise, he now puts that experience to use operating RNCareers.org to help future nursing students get reliable information on registered nursing careers.