Bob Jones University is a private for-profit university in Greenville, South Carolina. Through practice and research, Bob Jones University of Nursing seeks to prepare exemplary nurse leaders who integrate education, service, and scholarship.
The graduates are committed to improving the lives of rural and diverse populations. BJU is a Christian university that provides a biblical approach to nursing education. Their education is primarily clinical in nature, with a three-year clinical program. Students can also serve on mission trips to places like Peru or Africa. Students will be equipped with the skills and confidence they need to succeed as a result of BJU's challenging classes and clinical program. Beyond that, students will be inspired to see nursing as a calling rather than just a job. The university provides high-quality nursing education where students participate in a rigorous academic experience that emphasizes the strong professional values, core nursing competencies, and leadership skills required to practice successfully in any healthcare facility.
For more than a decade, BJU nursing graduates have consistently outperformed state and national NCLEX pass rates.
Undergraduate Programs: The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program is designed to prepare graduates to use critical thinking and clinical judgment to provide evidence-based care. In addition, there is an online RN-BS program for working RNs who want to get their bachelor's degree.
Bob Jones University's BS in nursing program is highly regarded by both students and healthcare employers. Students who complete the program will go on to work as compassionate and skilled caregivers across the state and country.
The nursing school at Bob Jones University is a private not-for-profit institution located in Greenville, South Carolina. Its nursing programs are accredited by ACME and COA.
Degree types you can earn at Bob Jones University include Registered Nursing, and the school provides its offerings to students via campus formats. The level of nursing programs offered to nursing students include Bachelor Degree level degrees.
For nursing students in South Carolina, the state average NCLEX-RN passing rate for ADN programs is 87.01% and for BSN programs is 89.38%. The average national NCLEX-RN passing rate for ADN programs is N/A% and for BSN programs is N/A%.
Out of 36 nursing schools in South Carolina, the nursing program at Bob Jones University ranks #7 in the state, and out of more than 1,700 nursing programs nationally, it ranks #196. It's 3-year average NCLEX-RN passing rate is 92.68%, giving the Bob Jones University an overall grade of A.
Nursing Program Stats at a Glance for Bob Jones University
- Grade: A
- NCLEX-RN Passing Rate Average: 92.68%
- South Carolina State Rank: 7
- National Rank: 196
Best Online Nursing Programs for South Carolina Students
In-state nursing schools are preferable to out-of-state programs as your tuition and logistics for attending school will be considerably less than if you attended school out-of-state. Online nursing schools are also an option.
Compare South Carolina Nursing School Rankings
|Compare South Carolina Nursing Schools||ADN||BSN|
|Number of Nursing Programs||15||15|
|Average NCLEX Passing Rate||87.01%||89.38%|
|NCLEX Passing Rate Range||59.70% to 98.60%||65.35% to 99.39%|
|Best Ranked School Details||ADN Rankings for South Carolina||BSN Rankings for South Carolina|
Bob Jones University
- 1700 Wade Hampton Boulavard, Greenville, SC - 29614-0001
- (864) 242-5100
- NCLEX Passing Rate: (A) 92.68%
- Programs: Registered Nursing
- Award Levels: Bachelor
- Total Faculty: 167
- In-State Undergraduate Tuition: $1,200
- Book and Supplies: N/A
- Percent Received Aid: 96%
- Average Grant or Scholarship: $11,753
- Percent Admitted: N/A
- Percent Admitted who Enrolled: N/A
- Graduation Rate: 65%
Cities in South Carolina Offering Accredited Nursing Programs
If you are not finding the right nursing program in Greenville or want to compare nursing schools from other cities in South Carolina? Compare average NCLEX scores, in-state and out-of-state tuition costs as well as schools with strong alumni networks. The following is a list of cities in with accredited nursing programs in South Carolina: Aiken, Anderson, Beaufort, Bluffton, Cheraw, Clemson, Conway, Florence, Graniteville, Greenville, Greenwood, Newberry, Orangeburg, Pendleton, Rock Hill, Spartanburg, Sumter and West Columbia
Additional Nursing Programs in South Carolina
- Aiken Technical College
- Anderson University
- Bob Jones University
- Central Carolina Technical College
- Charleston Southern University
- Citadel Military College of South Carolina
- Claflin University
- Clemson University
- Coastal Carolina University
- Columbia College
- Florence-Darlington Technical College
- Francis Marion University
- Greenville Technical College
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Lander University
- Limestone University
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Midlands Technical College
- Newberry College
- Northeastern Technical College
- Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College
- Piedmont Technical College
- South Carolina State University
- South University-Columbia
- Southern Wesleyan University
- Spartanburg Community College
- Technical College of the Lowcountry
- Tri-County Technical College
- Trident Technical College
- University of South Carolina-Aiken
- University of South Carolina-Beaufort
- University of South Carolina-Columbia
- University of South Carolina-Lancaster
- University of South Carolina-Upstate
- York Technical College/USC Lancaster
Learn About In-Demand Nursing Professions
- How to Become a Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Practitioner Programs in South Carolina
- Nursing Specialties
South Carolina Nursing School Rankings
Back to RN Program Rankings in South Carolina
Best Nursing Schools in the US
Sources: The State Board of Nursing from Each State, U.S. Department of Education: College Scorecard, U.S. Department of Education – OPE, National Center for Education Statistics, Bureau of Labor Statistics