This is an annual scholarship, offered every year. Please check back each year for updated submission and criteria updates.
Albert Einstein once said that, “Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.” And we at RNCareers.org, we understand that education comes with a cost. To help with the rising cost of education, we are now offering the RNCareers.org Education Scholarship to students across the nation.
But as education becomes more and more important to a person’s success, so has the cost of achieving that education. In fact, 71 percent of recent college graduates have an average of $29,400 in student loans taken out. This number increases by 6 percent every year, making it a serious roadblock to success.
The RNCareers.org Education Scholarship will be awarded to assist students defray the fees associated with their education.
For the 2017-2018 Essay, please research and write a 1,000+ word essay on “The Nursing Shortage in the United States”. Please address the following issues:
- Describe the state of the current nursing shortage in the United States
- Explore how the nursing shortage affects healthcare in the United States
- Propose several solutions to address the nursing shortage
- Describe how the nursing shortage will affect or currently affects your ability to give patient care
The essay will be read on its research, originality and how it addressed the issues at hand.
Who Can Apply for The RNCareers.org Education Scholarship Award
To qualify, applicants:
- Can be a current nurses at any level of nursing as long as you are currently in college or will be during the 2017-2018 academic year
- Can be a high school senior who has been accepted to a university and is planning to be in a pre-nursing program during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must possess leadership qualities and dedicated to pursuing a post-secondary education
How to Apply
To be considered for the RNCareers.org Education Scholarship, candidates need to:
- Email To: [email protected]
- Use the Subject Line: Use “RNCareers.org Education Scholarship” in the email subject line
- Submit by the Deadline: Submit by August 31 for the current academic year.
- Include: Name, Email, and Picture on your Essay
Details and Fine Print about the RNCareers.org Scholarship Award
- A $250 cash scholarship will be awarded during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Essays will be reviewed by the editorial staff of RNCareers.org
- The winning essay will be selected based on persuasive and original writing
- Submission deadline: August, 31 of each year.
- Winners will be notified via email and announced on our Facebook Page on November 30th and the top essays will be posted on RNCareers.org.
- By submitting your essay for award consideration, you agree that both winning and non-winning essays may be published on RNCareers.org along with your name and picture.
- By submitting your essay for award consideration, you agree that both winning and non-winning essays may be used in promotion including but not limited to social media promotion, website promotion, email promotions, and others.
- Employees (friends and family) along with affiliates of RNCareers.org are not eligible to apply.
- The winners will be announced on RNCareers.org, their names published hereRNCareers.org, and on our Facebook page, and email list.
- The winner will be notified via email
Note: By submitting an essay for the RNCareers.org Scholarship award, a student agrees that it can be used as future marketing materials on our websites, social media outlets, etc.