Liberty University is located in Lynchburg, Virginia. They offer a BSN program, which is available to residential students, and an online RN to BSN program. Most students complete the program in 2 years.
Liberty University School of Nursing is one of the state’s best nursing colleges featuring top-rated nursing programs and curricula. The university emulsifies the art of caring with the expertise of science and research, which gives a holistic approach to the nursing field.
Liberty University promotes a Christian nursing education system under which the students learn to care for patients physically as well as mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The graduates have been applauded for their clinical competence, strong work ethic, and heartfelt compassion.
The School of Nursing is equipped with a Simulation Center that allows students to practice their clinical skills in a controlled environment before progressing to clinical rotations. Here, students are guided by credentialed and experienced staff who are equally passionate about nursing as the students. Another notable feature of Liberty University School of Nursing is the small class size averaging at 8:1 student to faculty ratio.
Undergraduate Programs: Liberty University offers a BSN degree in both traditional and accelerated formats averaging 4 years and 2 years of completion respectively. The course is taught by committed faculty who help the students succeed as both individuals and professionals.
Graduate Programs: Registered Nurses who want to advance their career in nursing can also choose to enroll in the 100% online MSN degree that provides students with the tools and skills needed to become successful leaders and changemakers in nursing.
The university also offers a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program for students who want to lead professional teams and drive innovations to improve healthcare systems and policies.
Similarly, the Ph.D. in Nursing program exists to provide the knowledge and research experience necessary to become a faculty member at a university or educator in a medical facility or to work as a hospital administrator.
The nursing school at Liberty University is a private not-for-profit institution located in Lynchburg, Virginia. Its nursing programs are accredited by ACEN, ACME, CCNE and COA.
Degree types you can earn at Liberty University include Family Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nursing, and the school provides its offerings to students via campus, hybrid and online formats. The level of nursing programs offered to nursing students include Bachelor Degree, BSN to DNP, LPN to BSN, Master Degree, MSN to DNP, Ph.D. and RN to BSN level degrees.
For nursing students in Virginia, the state average NCLEX-RN passing rate for ADN programs is 75.87% and for BSN programs is 89.83%. The average national NCLEX-RN passing rate for ADN programs is N/A% and for BSN programs is N/A%.
Out of 63 nursing schools in Virginia, the nursing program at Liberty University ranks #3 in the state, and out of more than 1,700 nursing programs nationally, it ranks #87. It's 3-year average NCLEX-RN passing rate is 96.33%, giving the Liberty University an overall grade of A.
Nursing Program Stats at a Glance for Liberty University
- Grade: A
- NCLEX-RN Passing Rate Average: 96.33%
- Virginia State Rank: 3
- National Rank: 87
Best Online Nursing Programs for Virginia Students
In-state nursing schools are preferable to out-of-state programs as your tuition and logistics for attending school will be considerably less than if you attended school out-of-state. Online nursing schools are also an option.
Compare Virginia Nursing School Rankings
|Compare Virginia Nursing Schools||ADN||BSN|
|Number of Nursing Programs||26||24|
|Average NCLEX Passing Rate||75.87%||89.83%|
|NCLEX Passing Rate Range||23.50% to 100.00%||59.47% to 98.00%|
|Best Ranked School Details||ADN Rankings for Virginia||BSN Rankings for Virginia|
- 1971 University Blvd, Lynchburg, VA - 24515
- (434) 582-2000
- NCLEX Passing Rate: (A) 96.33%
- Programs: Family Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nursing
- Award Levels: Bachelor, BSN to DNP, LPN to BSN, MSN, MSN to DNP
- Total Faculty: 1051
- In-State Undergraduate Tuition: $1,374
- Book and Supplies: N/A
- Percent Received Aid: 99%
- Average Grant or Scholarship: $8,175
- Percent Admitted: 50%
- Percent Admitted who Enrolled: 17%
- Graduation Rate: 54%
Cities in Virginia Offering Accredited Nursing Programs
If you are not finding the right nursing program in Lynchburg or want to compare nursing schools from other cities in Virginia? Compare average NCLEX scores, in-state and out-of-state tuition costs as well as schools with strong alumni networks. The following is a list of cities in with accredited nursing programs in Virginia: Abingdon, Alberta, Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Big Stone Gap, Charlottesville, Chesapeake, Chester, Clifton Forge, Dublin, Fairfax, Farmville, Franklin, Glen Allen, Glenns, Hampton, Harrisonburg, Locust Grove, Lynchburg, Martinsville, McLean, Norfolk, North Chesterfield, Petersburg, Radford, Reston, Richmond, Roanoke, Weyers Cave, Winchester, Wise and Wytheville
Additional Nursing Programs in Virginia
- American National University
- Averett University
- Averett University-Non-Traditional Programs
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Bluefield University
- Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing
- Bryant & Stratton College-Richmond
- Bryant & Stratton College-Virginia Beach
- Centra College of Nursing
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College
- Danville Community College
- Eastern Mennonite University
- ECPI University
- George Mason University
- Germanna Community College
- Global Health College
- Hampton University
- J. Sargeant Reynolds CC LPN to ADN (Evening)
- James Madison University
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- John Tyler Community College
- Liberty University
- Longwood University
- Lord Fairfax Comm Col-Fauquier
- Mary Baldwin University
- Marymount University
- Mountain Empire Community College
- New River Community College
- Norfolk State University
- Northern Virginia Community College
- Old Dominion University
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Paul D Camp Community College
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Radford University (Roanoke)
- Randolph-Macon College
- Rappahannock Community College
- Regent University
- Riverside College of Health Careers
- Sanford-Brown College-Tysons Corner
- Sentara College of Health Sciences
- Shenandoah University -Eleanor Wade Custer
- South University
- South University - Virginia Beach
- Southside Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Stratford University
- Strayer University-Virginia
- The University of Virginia's College at Wise
- Thomas Nelson Comm College - Historic Triangle Campus
- Tidewater Community College
- University of Lynchburg
- University of Mary Washington
- University of Phoenix-Northern Virginia Campus
- University of Virginia
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Highlands Community College
- Virginia State University
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College
Learn About In-Demand Nursing Professions
Virginia Nursing School Rankings
Back to RN Program Rankings in Virginia
Best Nursing Schools in the US
Sources: The State Board of Nursing from Each State, U.S. Department of Education: College Scorecard, U.S. Department of Education – OPE, National Center for Education Statistics, Bureau of Labor Statistics